Sunday 13 August 2017

Working with colours

As with most creative makers I work several months ahead and am currently researching colours for 2018. I plan to reignite my Wedding Collection for next year but know I have to get it ready by early January. Starting probably in December.

Luckily with Weddings I only need to make one of each item show samples of colours available so will not take as long as prepping for an event.

Anyway onto colour, I use Pantone and Pinterest to see what is trending along with the fashion shows when they are on. Being based in England tend to look for colour trends in London and Paris shows.

Pantone colours for 2018


Samples of wedding colours



To me there seems no right or wrong colour to choose and down to personal preferences. Interesting to see the forest green making an appearance as always think of the darker colours to be for Autumn and winter.

Now which will I select? I suppose I tend to go for the pastels shades as that is me never been into brights but admire those that are attracted to these colours as can be very bold. The colour way I have chosen is steel grey and white, well slightly off white as using silk Dupion. Prefer to work in silk and so sumptuous and elegant. As I have chosen grey and white that will follow the theme for bags, decorations, stationery and other accessories. The finished samples will appear on my main blog: Carolee Crafts later in the year.

Do you plan ahead, or try to, or just go with the flow. I have over the years trended to do the latter, then miss out as too late. This year with all my de-cluttering regime have tried to be up to date. Currently why I am working on Christmas in the middle of the summer.

Linking up with Handmade Monday on Sum of Their Stories

Until my next musings, enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Working with colours

As with most creative makers I work several months ahead and am currently researching colours for 2018. I plan to reignite my Wedding Colle...